Sometimes It’s So Easy to be the Best Mom Ever

For a while, I’ve been meaning to get a weight bar. I get up super early in the morning to exercise, and I like to change my routine every few months. Every time I went to the store, I would forget to grab one, but then I finally remembered.

I got it from Walmart, so it came in a box in three pieces. I didn’t have a chance to put it together right when I got home, so I set it on the floor at the top of the stairs so I wouldn’t forget. The boys were at baseball practice until later, and while I was downstairs putting sheets in the dryer, I heard my youngest.

“Oh, my gosh! You are the best mom ever! You are so awesome!”

I come to the bottom of the stairs to see what he was going on about. To be honest, I kind of thought he was playing around or being sarcastic—he is my child, you know. And then I noticed that he was looking at the box with the weight bar.

“I’ve wanted one of these for so long, and you finally got me one!”

I chuckled and told him it was for me, but I would let him use it.

Later, as I was putting it together (which I didn’t accomplish, I had to have help), the boys were hovering around me, waiting to use the weight bar. They were so anxious, they were doing what they could to help put it together. However, it was bed time at this point, so they didn’t get the chance to use it.

The next morning, after eating breakfast, they headed downstairs to get a workout in. It was pretty dang cute. It was also a great moment to teach the boys about weight lifting safety and how to spot one another. Always take advantage of teaching moments when you can.

I just wish parenting was always this easy.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)