Things Are Going to Improve

Wow. It has already been a crazy, stressful week. I already talked about what happened on Saturday, then on Monday, we were at my mom’s house, and my youngest was playing football with his brother and cousins outside, and fell in the grass and sliced his arm open on a piece of glass.

My mom, sister, and I debated for a while whether or not we thought it only needed a butterfly bandage or stitches. We figured a butterfly would work fine, then we would wrap his arm so it wouldn’t get infected, but my mom didn’t have any butterfly bandages at the house, so that option was taken off the table. After sending my husband a picture of the wound, he made the final decision to take him to the hospital. They glued him back together, and (thankfully) we were only there for half an hour.

I have to say, I was incredibly proud of myself. I don’t normally handle these kind of situations very well. I hate to see my kids get hurt, and I have a tendency to freak out and panic. But this time, I kept it together. I stayed calm and took it all in stride.

My youngest shed more tears over the fact that he might have to get stitches than he did over the actual cut. He was afraid they would hurt, and when we told him they would give him a shot to numb it, that freaked him out even more. All he heard was “shot,” and he HATES shots! And I can’t blame him at all for that. But, in the end, it turned out to be a painless procedure.

Now that we’ve gotten all that “fun” stuff out of the way, life can continue on as normal. No more trips to the hospital. I look forward to things getting better, and they are going to. Come on exciting adventures!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)