Thankful for What I Have

The past few weeks have been really tough for me.  The death of my puppy has affected me deeply, but there have been other things that have been going on in my life that I won't go into here.  But through it all, I've been trying to focus on the positive, and here are a few things I've tried to focus on recently.

My family, friends, coworkers, and strangers are amazing.

In my time of need, when I felt like the world was crashing down on me, they were there with a helping hand and loving arms.  They let me know that I wasn't alone and that I had support.  I don't think they'll ever know how much that means to me.

Life is way too short.

I refuse to spend it being miserable, but I also refuse to spend it not feeling.  Life can be tough and unfair and throw sadness, anger, and confusion at me, but I have to take it all in stride.  Without those moments, how can I experience happiness?  It sucks, and going through it is the worst thing ever, but it makes me appreciate what I have.

What are my priorities?

I've been thinking a lot about this one lately, and it ties into the notion that life is short.  I'm still figuring out what I want and need to do.  This is certainly not something that will happen over night, it will take time, and I hope that it will help me be happier.

Life has its ups and downs--that is certainly not a secret.  I have to deal with whatever comes my way, but I'm going to do it on my terms.  I'm not going to let anyone tell me how I should feel or react to the situation, I'm going to do what I have to do.

Time will make everything all right, and while it will never erase the bad memories, it will dull the hurt and it will make me stronger, and that's what it takes to get through life.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)