Mistress for Hire by Letty James

Letty James has been devouring romance novels ever since she hid under the covers reading Sweet Savage Love by Rosemary Rogers. And, yes, searching for all the sexy parts. She completed her first novel participating in National Novel Writing Month in 2005 and has been writing furiously ever since, fueled by chocolate and multiple cups of tea.

Along with writing, she enjoys reading, painting, watching movies featuring studly men, and listening in on other people’s conversations.

www.lettyjames.com
https://www.facebook.com/letty.james.39
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/35247952-letty-james


Stranded in Paris, Nikki Sommers is desperate for a job, willing to sweep the floors of a local bakery. But Gérard Beauvais knows where Nikki needs to be – not in the bakery, but in his bed. Offering her a job as his personal assistant, Gérard introduces Nikki to the workings of international business, along with the romance and beauty of Paris.

Nikki falls under Gérard’s magnetic spell, only to get a nasty surprise when she discovers she is merely a pawn in an international scandal involving her own sister. Her heart is torn between family and a love she had only fantasized about.

Will she win Gérard’s heart or only be his Mistress for Hire?


Available at Amazon

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A wonderful month long trip to Paris with my best friend from high school. We were able to stay for free because of a house-sitting gig, which I highly recommend! We walked all over the city, having picnics, and soaking in the romance that is in the very air of Paris.

Q) How long did it take you to write? From germ idea to completion, about a year. You would not believe all the variations this book has gone through. I guess I’ll save those other versions for new characters. Never throw anything away.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love seeing how characters evolve. I must admit I have fallen in love with every single one of my heroes. It would be very tough to choose if they all sprang to life. Tee hee.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I hate editing! Just ask my critique group. Things are flowing, sounding so wonderful, then I hit a brick wall because I realize there is no way on God’s green earth the hero/heroine would do such a thing and I have to cut it.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Lois McMaster Bujold. I know she’s not “famous” in the celebrity arena per se, but she sure is famous to me. I would love to be able to tap into her brain and write as beautifully (and funny) as she does. Plus, I would use the power of her name and go meet some other wonderful authors like Marian Keyes, Alexander McCall Smith and Eloisa James. I like to read authors who can touch on the serious while still being lighthearted and throw in a belly laugh for good measure.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A bottle of Galway Bay Irish Eggnog. It’s a year old. It was a gift from last Christmas. I received three of them! Are my friends trying to tell me something? I thought I would save one to have early this year. Sure hope I get some more this season. Hint, hint.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A follow-up to Nikki’s story! I had to tell her sister Jessica’s story. Jessica is rather unlikeable in Mistress for Hire, so I had to figure out why and give her a love story of her own. And, of course, it’s set in Scotland because every woman needs at least one Highlander in her life, right? You can also check out my erotica line The Hot Shoppe series from Soul Mate Publishing. So many yummy men, so little time.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)