Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey


Alyxandra Harvey lives in a stone Victorian house in Ontario, Canada with a few resident ghosts who are allowed to stay as long as they keep company manners. She loves medieval dresses, used to be able to recite all of The Lady of Shalott by Tennyson, and has been accused, more than once, of being born in the wrong century. She believes this to be mostly true except for the fact that she really likes running water, women’s rights, and ice cream.

www.alyxandraharvey.com
www.twitter.com/AlyxandraH
https://www.facebook.com/AlyxandraHarvey


Gretchen is struggling with her newfound gift as a Whisperer; the constant buzzing in her ears from detecting spells is more frustrating than fun, especially when she is spending time with one of the Order of Iron Nail’s Keepers, the icy but strikingly handsome Tobias Lawless.

But while Gretchen tries to hide the truth and resolve her feelings for him, London fades from beautiful and bustling to deathly silent …Something evil is once again menacing Mayfair, and Gretchen and her cousins must use their powers to prevent a horrible sacrifice. 


Available at Amazon

1- What inspired you to write this story?
I love Pride and Prejudice and the Regency era and I love stories about magic and witches. Putting them together just seemed like the best combination: cake *and* ice cream! Plus, women were very constrained in the early 1800's, I kind of love giving them magic as a secret weapon.

2- How long did it take you to write?
Whisper the Dead took me about a year to write. I rewrote it about 7 times. It was a tricky one, constantly shifting!

3-What is your favourite thing about writing?
I love that I can travel anywhere, from back in time to worlds that don't exist! The best moments are when I get lost in a story and I look up and hours have passed and I had no idea. Time stops for stories.

4-What is your least favourite thing about writing?
I used to dislike the editing process but now that I've got the hang of it, I like to see the book getting polished and becoming better with every little tweak (or massive overhaul! that happens too). I still don't like having to give up my Canadian spelling of words like "neighbour" and "honour" though.

5-If you could be any famous person, who would you be and why?
That's a great question! I'm not sure I'd want to be anyone famous, but I would love to be invisible for a wee bit to visit The Bronte sisters, Jane Austen, Robin Hood, Marie Antoinette... And to kick Henry VIII in the shins!

6-What is the oldest thing in your fridge?
I've recently cleaned out the fridge so it's nice and bare...but the way lettuce turns to slimy swamp matter in the back of the crisper when you forget it's there, is rather gross.

7- What can readers expect from you in the future?
Always more books! More kissing and more snark and more ass kicking! Also, a new young adult paranormal novel with with Entangled Publishing! Details coming soon on my website www.alyxandraharvey.com

Thanks so much!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)