Variants by Michelle C. Reilly‏


Michelle C. Reilly is a single mom of two wonderful boys. She spent ten years in the U.S. Navy as a Hospital Corpsman Preventive Medicine Technician, which meant she was actually attached to or stationed with the U.S. Marine Corps. She has a Masters in Science in Public Health, but she is generally an IT geek and a geek of many other things as well. She currently resides in Las Vegas, NV, with her two cats, Meowdy and Moose, and her dog, Katie aka “The Old Lady.”

Make sure to visit her website www.michellecreilly.com for more information about her and her upcoming books.

Feel free to visit, ask her questions, and hang out with her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/michellecorareilly

And if you’re a tweet-a-holic (or even if you’re not), follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MichelleCReilly

Website
FB
Twitter: @MichelleCReilly
Goodreads


Sworn to Protect the Very People Bent on Destroying Them

POWERFUL

Auden, the king of the immortal Anathergian race, came to Earth five thousand years ago when he and his people escaped from their destroyed planet. His power is immense, but is threatened because he has yet to take a Lifemate.

WITCH

With the blood of an Anathergian and a witch running through her veins, Leah is a force to be reckoned with. After leaving her foster family to learn how to master her new-found powers, Auden finds her. With him, she discovers her heritage, her strength, and her love.

VARIANTS

An Anathergian is using variant strains of his DNA to turn humans into Anathergians. This enemy’s goal: use the Variants to take over the world and take Auden’s place as king. Auden and Leah’s goal: Stop the enemies and discover what connections Leah has with them.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
This book came to me in 2004. Actually, chapter 10 came to me first. So, it wasn’t really an inspiration of one thing. Just an idea that came to me. I know that I wanted something rather paranormal with characters that had fangs, but not necessarily vampires.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I started the book the middle of June 2013 and I finished it by October of that year. I also work two jobs and I was out of the country for a few weeks during that time where I basically got not writing done. This also includes all of my research time. Then I had my awesome critique group take turns with it. The editing process took about two to three months. I wasn’t rushing the process.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I really love when the characters take on a life of their own. They become real to me when that happens. It’s like they’re real people and I just love to see what they’ll say or what quirks they’ll take on. It’s so fun!

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I wish I had more time. Working two jobs and helping my elderly aunt takes a lot out of me. I wish there was a way to have a stenographer ingrained in my mind so all of the characters’ voices could be recorded while I was just driving from place-to-place. :)

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
The one person I really look up to is JK Rowling. She inspired thousands of kids to read who would have otherwise spent time playing video games or doing something else. I’d love to see how her brain works.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Okay, are you ready to laugh? I have a half-full bottle of Pumpkin Juice from the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, Orlando. The opening took place in June 2010. Gross, huh? But I just can’t bring myself to throw it away.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?

I’m working hard on Witches, the second book in the Anathergians Trilogy. I’m also working on a very sensual novella. It will be about one of Auden’s men. I won’t tell you who, though. But you’ll love it!


Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)