Gemini Rising Ethereal Fury by Jessica OGorek‏


I grew up admiring my father, Barry Weinstock, as an author. He took me around the country to different places so he could research and write his Wilderness Survival books. One of his greatest works, “The Path of Power,” was written with a great medicine man, Sunbear.

When I was twelve I started hand writing novels. My first one was two thousand pages. My dad always encouraged me and would rave about my writing. He gave me the confidence I needed to keep writing and follow my dream. My daughter, who is twelve, is currently working on her first novel. I hope to continue the legacy.

https://twitter.com/GeminiRising1
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessica-OGorek/306913389429972
http://geminirising1.blogspot.com
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17977415-ethereal-fury


Angry at the human race and its methodical destruction of her resources, Mother Earth recruits souls who have just left their bodies to serve Her, and turns them against humanity. Gemini, a clan of paranormal beings, picked from these possessed humans, emerges. A powerful, rising force proceeds to carry out Mother Nature’s plan to systematically destroy towns, cities, states… and eventually, the world. Amidst the chaos, a forbidden relationship between a human girl, Violette, and Onyx, a lead Gemini, begins. They will both find themselves in the middle of a revolutionary war that will either save, or destroy our world.

Book Trailer
Purchase at Amazon BN



1. Was there one book that inspired you to write? What book was it and who is the author? What made it stick with you?
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. The series stuck with me because I absolutely love Edward and because of Bella’s transition from girl to vampire. I watched the first movie then read the series and just couldn’t get enough of it. The funny thing is, Meyer really isn’t a stunning writer, not compared to James Patterson or King, but she still sucked me into the story and had me reeling with Edward’s innocent sweetness. He was a killer but also a gentle soul. This concept fascinates me and has translated into Onyx, my main character.

2. What inspired you to write this book?
I wanted to take the YA genre and add some spice to it by inserting a deeper concept they can hopefully relate to. Instead of just a love triangle and some supernatural creatures, we have an earth element; one that I hope will instill in them the importance of protecting our planet.

3. What’s the first creative writing you did outside school or a class?
When I was 12, I hand wrote a 2000 page romance novel. But my passion was dark ad disturbing poetry. I love the way adults would read and then look at me like I was a poor tortured soul.

4. If you didn’t live where you live now, where would you live? Why?
Brazil. I love green, it’s my favorites color and I’ve always wanted to live in a tree house in the Amazon.

5. If your book were made into a TV show or movie, who would you want to play the main character(s)?
I would take Robert Pattinson’s face and paste it with The Rock’s body to make Onyx. He would have to be computerized anyway since he is made of smoke. Kristen Stewart would be Violette, and Slate would be the guy in Warm Bodies. (don’t know his name off the top of my head) I’ve always pictured Darius as Silvester Stalone and the bishop as Donald Sutherland.

6. Did you publish the first book you wrote? If not, how many books did you write before publishing your first?
Yes! This is the first novel I have ever completed and I was lucky enough to land a publisher.

7. What was your favorite book as a kid? What’s your favorite book now?
Charlie Brown’s Christmas. Twilight.

8. What’s the best piece of advice given to you?
The serenity prayer- “God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

9. Give us a hint about your current writing project.
I am on book four on the Gemini Rising series.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)