The Wishes Chronicles by Paula Millhouse


Paula Millhouse grew up in Savannah, Georgia where Spanish moss whispers tales in breezes from the Atlantic Ocean, and the Intracoastal Waterway. As a child Paula soaked in the sunshine and heritage of cobblestones, pirate lore, and stories steeped in savory mysteries of the south.

She’s a member of Romance Writers of America, the Fantasy, Futuristic, & Paranormal Writers specialty chapter, and the KOD Mystery and Suspense Writer’s specialty chapter. She achieved the opportunity to become a member of the distinguished RWA designation of PRO after submitting her first full-length romance novel for publication in 2013.

In the southern tradition of storytellers, she loves sharing the lives of her characters with readers, and following her muse on the quest for happily-ever-afters. She writes fantasy romance and romantic suspense.


She lives with her hero, her husband of twenty-five years at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains with their pack and pride of furry babies.

Website/Blog


Author Evie Longfellow wants to stay alive long enough to write her fourth New York Times Best Seller. She accepts a blind date that changes everything sane in her life. Drugged, kidnapped, and horrified Evie escapes and runs for her life with evidence the FBI needs to nail one of their most wanted.

TV Psychologist Dr. Nick Franklin wants to help Evie with her goals. He hides her from a sadistic mafia kingpin, and even though he doesn’t trust his judgment when it comes to the diagnosis of love, he senses Evie may just be the story of his life.

Hit man Tony Aiello plans to do whatever it takes to protect Miss Aida Marino and her Fortune 500 company. He chases Evie and Nick from New York City to the wilds of rural Vermont to recover the stolen evidence threatening to take Miss Aida down, and faces off with evil in a showdown that brings hometown justice to life.


Pinterest Board for Careful...


A Christmas Story to warm your heart.

Dr. Nick Franklin finds himself falling hard for the love of his life, Evie Longfellow. Hunted by a mafia princess, Evie’s terrified something’s wrong, and revenge won’t let her rest.

Tia Marino figures the person who killed her father is his last victim - Evie Longfellow - the only one that ever got away from Paulie Marino. Tia plans to kill Evie in front of her grandmother just before she takes Miss Aida’s place as the new queen of Marino Industries. Hostile-takeovers have never seen the likes of Tia.

Nick’s not gonna have it.

He’ll do anything to protect Evie, even if it means aligning himself with Miss Aida’s hit-man, Tony Aiello.

Follow Nick and Evie from their simple home in the winter wonderland of Vermont down to New York City in their race to stay alive, and out of the hands of a new generation of criminals intent on tearing them apart.

ALL YOUR WISHES… Book 2 in THE WISHES CHRONICLES torches up 60,000 words with Romantic Suspense.

Christmas has never been so hot.


Pinterest Board for All Your Wishes...

Hi Pembroke! Happy New Year and thanks for hosting me on your awesome blog. I’m here to talk about my Wishes Chronicles Series – CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR… & ALL YOUR WISHES…

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
While doing research on my first novel I stumbled onto INTERPOL’s website. A visceral gut punch overcame me, and a question formed: What if a girl got all caught up in one of the FBI’s Most Wanted cases, and had to deal with creeps like that? My heroine, Evie Longfellow showed up for work the next day. Dr. Nick Franklin, her hero showed up shortly after she did, and these books became a reality.

What was really fun for me was when Tony Aiello, and Patrick Jones showed up for work.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The stories in their first drafts took about a month. Getting them into fighting shape for publication took a good year.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
It’s the closest I’ll ever get to making magic. There’s something amazing about getting into that creative space with my characters and watching them run, solve the problems I throw at them, and coming up with solutions I’d never considered.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Waiting. Waiting on my editor to get back with edits. Waiting on publication day. Waiting to see what readers think. I’m impatient, and want things to move along at a certain clip. This is not a fast-turn-around business, and sometimes that’s frustrating.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
With respect to my Romantic Suspense series, I’d like to be James Patterson for just one day. Not that I’d be interested in his fame – I’d just like to be in his head for one day and discover his creative process. I love his Alex Cross series.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A bottle of Traditional Mead my brother brewed. He won a medal in Florida’s Sunshine Challenge with that Mead – I can’t wait to get back together with him to open the bottle and share a toast.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m working on my fantasy romance series, The Kingdom of Chalvaren Romances. These follow-up stories to my Lunchbox Romance DRAGONSTONE with Boroughs Publishing Group show my dragons and elves of an alternate reality working together to protect their world – I’ve combined Romantic Suspense and Fantasy in this series, and I love it.

I’m also working on a novella that details more of Tony Aiello and Janet Pierce’s romance – quite an unlikely pair with insurmountable odds stacked against their budding love story, somehow I think they’re gonna make it.

My new website, www.paulamillhouse.com will be focusing on authors and their awesome stories this next year. I hope I can do blogging proper justice.

Thanks so much for chatting with me today about my books. Happy New Year, Pembroke, to you and all your readers.

Paula

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)