Deception’s Web by Crista McHugh‏


Growing up in small town Alabama, Crista relied on story-telling as a natural way for her to pass the time and keep her two younger sisters entertained.

She currently lives in the Audi-filled suburbs of Seattle with her husband and two children, maintaining her alter ego of mild-mannered physician by day while she continues to pursue writing on nights and weekends.

Just for laughs, here are some of the jobs she’s had in the past to pay the bills: barista, bartender, sommelier, stagehand, actress, morgue attendant, and autopsy assistant.

And she’s also a recovering LARPer. (She blames it on her crazy college days)

For the latest updates, deleted scenes, and answers to any burning questions you have, please check out her webpage www.CristaMcHugh.com

Find Crista online at:
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads


A soldier looking for redemption falls into the arms of the empire’s Black Widow...

Galerius, former Captain of the Legion, is honored to be given a chance to redeem himself by discovering who is behind the failing barrier. A series of anonymous letters all point to Hostilius, governor of Lucrilia, but Galerius thinks he’ll learn more about the plot by seducing the governor’s thrice widowed daughter, Claudia. Although he warns himself not to fall into snare of the empire’s most deadly temptress, one kiss leaves him begging for more.

Claudia has spent years as a pawn in her father’s political games and longs to break free of his rule, even it means betraying him to the emperor. When Galerius arrives in Tivola, she’s not sure if he’s there to aid her father or stop him. She willingly submits to his seduction, despite their class differences, in order to find the truth. What she doesn’t expect to find is a man who indulges her secret fantasies, satisfying her in a way none of her previous husbands did, and treats her as something more than a conquest. As time runs out to thwart her father’s plans, she must decide if she can trust Galerius not only with her life, but her heart.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
Poisoned Web grew out of some of the unanswered questions from the first book of the series, Tangled Web. People wanted to know more about Azurha and the Alpirion people as well the mystery behind the former emperor’s death

Q) How long did it take you to write?
This book took me about 9 weeks to write. Editing took another 3 weeks.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I get to create intriguing worlds and characters. I love the creativity of it. And I especially love that I get to give my characters happy endings (most of the time, eventually, after I torture them a bit…)

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Once the stories out there, it’s out of my hands. I never know if someone will buy it, if they will read it, if they will like it. The lack of control sometimes has me on edge, but once I start hearing from readers, it’s all good.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I don’t think I could name one person. I look at celebrities and sometimes envy them, but I also know fame comes at a price. But Rebel Wilson is up there because she’s fun and confident and doesn’t conform to the Hollywood stereotypes.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Um, you really want me to confess that?? Luckily, my husband is the expiration date enforcer, so nothing stays in there too long. I think there’s a jar of almond-stuffed olives that are about 8 months old, though.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
The third book in the series, Deception’s Web, comes out in December. Then, in 2014, I’m launching a new contemporary romance series that’s my twist on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Adam’s book comes out in January; Ben’s in February, and Caleb’s in March. And I’ll be working the next book in the Elgean Chronicles so I can release it this summer.

Thanks for having me!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)