Coven by K.A. Young


K.A. Young is a paranormal/fantasy romance author that lives with her family in the South. She began writing because her mind was swimming with incredible stories that were begging to be told. Her love for reading began as a small child when she realized that a good book was an instant escape to a mystical land that could be reached anytime and from anyplace.

Twitter - @KAYoungBooks
Website
Facebook page


Elise Michaels' motto has always been: no guts, no glory. She is a thrill seeker, continually craving excitement and adventure. The idea of being tied down to a place or man never interested her, even though a betrothal spell was cast linking her and the Head of Council’s son when they were mere infants.

Being a distant third in succession to assume the Head Mistress role, she felt confidant that her secret would remain in her past along with Coven life.

Unfortunately, nothing in our fun loving heroine’s future is anything she or anyone from the supernatural realm is prepared for.

Now, she’s forced to return to the place and the Sorcerer she so desperately sought to forget.

Elise has no idea the power and gifts that await her. Can she let go of her own desires and embrace her new role? Or will she surrender to the faceless evil coming for them all?


Book one in the tantalizing Elise Michaels Series a spinoff of The Nephilim Warrior Series.

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
Honestly, Elise Michaels inspired me to write Coven. While writing the third book in the Nephilim Warrior Series (Blood Kiss) I knew she deserved her own series and so I gave her one.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
I would say about two months to get the general concept of the story down then another few weeks to tie it all up in a neat little package. The words seemed to flow for this book and I'm finding that the second is following suit.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
My favorite thing about writing is that I get to escape into my own little world and simply explore. It's a total rush!

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
Editing and scene cutting is my absolute least favorite part of the writing process although I know that in the end the book will be a great deal better afterward, it still pains me. Thank God for my amazing editing team at C&D editing, those chicks keep me sane.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
Oh my, what a question. I'll check… Okay, that would be a jar of strawberry preserves that I keep meaning to throw out and never do, thinking perhaps it will get eaten. It doesn't lol… Upon checking the expiration date I'm guessing it’s a year old or more. Embarrassing. It has now been thrown away.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future? 
I'm working on several projects for the coming new year; one is the first in my new YA series entitled Valkyrie Diaries. Unofficial blurb can be found on my website www.kayoungbooks.com

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)