Frustrations

I had a pretty bad week last week.  I had some issues at work.  Part of it was my fault.  I lost focus and was working on personal stuff.  Part of it, though, appeared to me to be just plain meanness.  It put me in tears, and I'm not one to cry.  It actually takes a lot to rile me, but I had had enough.  It was either that or say something really awful.

As is human nature, I've been going over the scenario over and over in my mind, wondering if there was something I could have done differently.  Maybe I overreacted.  Not that it matters now.  It's in the past.  It can't be changed.  And it still really bothers me.

But I can't dwell on it.  I can't let it bring me down and define who I am.  Yes, it upset me to the point of tears, but there are things I can do to change how I view the situation.  I can't control other people; I can only control myself and how I react.  It's really hard not to say what I want to say, but I'm not sure it would make an impact.  So what can I do?

Well, like I said, I need to let it go.  I can't change it, only learn from it and hope it doesn't repeat in the future.  I also have to focus on the positive.  If I don't, things will spiral down quickly and it won't take much to fall into despair.  Trust me, I'm already teetering on the edge, it wouldn't take much to push me over.

Here are some of the good things that happened last week:

I got my team together at Booktrope for The Appeal of Evil.  The cover artist is putting together some ideas for the cover, probably as I write this.  I'm very excited to see it.  The editor is lined up and will be reading the story in the next few weeks.  It's only a matter of time before my team and I get the book out into the world.  You know I will keep you informed!

I got to leave work early on Friday to go to the farmer's market.  It was nice to get away from work, and I sold four books.

The Broncos totally kicked the Ravens butt on Thursday night.  After a shaky first half, they came out fighting in the third quarter and never looked back.

Destination Truth is back on SyFy.  I adore Josh Gates.  He's one of those people I would love to sit and talk to because I bet he has some great stories to tell.  Plus, he's got a great sense of humor.

Life occasionally throws you tough times.  But the key to overcoming them is to not let them rule you.  It's all right to be upset and yell, scream, or cry, but then you have to move on.  Don't dwell on the what ifs; you can't change them anyway.  It's taken me a long time to realize this, and it's still a work in progress, but I have to say, focusing on the positive really makes a huge difference.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)