This Week in Reading

The History of My Wishes is on special this week!  You can get it for $1.99!  You can miss out on that!  Check it out here.

I finally finished It Came from Del Rio by Stephen Graham Jones.  Man, that seemed to take slightly longer than I had anticipated.  Oh, well.  It's done now.

I really enjoyed the book.  As I mentioned before, it is split into two sections:  Dodd's and Laurie's.  Dodd's section gets a little confusing at times because it's not told in linear fashion.  He skips around in time a lot.  Laurie's is told chronologically, and it helped make everything clear.  Well, almost everything.  It is the first in a series of books.

I'm not exactly sure how I would describe the book.  It's not exactly horror, though there is some of that in there, there is some mystery, some political intrigue, some family drama, and a zombie.  They all combine to make a truly entertaining story.  I recommend it if you're looking for something a little different to read.  I would give it 5 out of 5 bunnies.

I'm trying to decide what I want to start next.  I have several books on my shelf and in my Kindle, so options abound.  What are you guys reading?  Do you have any recommendations?


Earlier this week, I was sitting in my recliner watching TV.  My spouse stood in front of me with his hands on his hips.

"You're ruining my boys," he said to me.

I pushed my eyebrows together in confusion.  "How so?"  (In reality, it could be so many things, but he seemed to have something specific in mind.)

Apparently, that morning, the 5 year old asked if they could listen to Lady Gaga on the way to school.

"I don't play that kind of music in here," my spouse responded.

"But Mom plays it in her car," the 5 year old pointed out.

"That's fine.  But I'm not going to play it in my truck."

I couldn't help but smile.  There's nothing more fabulous than watching my kids rock out to Lady Gaga.  This is for them!  Hope you have a great weekend!

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)