Media Whore

I have an article in my local newspaper.  It's for Life Lessons from Slasher Films.  Check it out when you get the chance.

I think this is the third or fourth time I've appeared in the paper.  It's not my most favorite thing to do, but it's one of the best ways to get my book information out there.  Whether or not those articles translate into sales, it's hard to say.  But it makes me feel like I'm doing something.

I've always taken a very active role in promoting my own books.  I have to.  I'm my biggest fan (and my worst enemy).  So, as long as publishers keep publishing my stories, I'm going to keep telling the paper about them.  I'm also going to continue to approach reviewers and blog sites. 

It's incredibly time consuming promoting my work, and I've slowed down a bit since I've started my new job.  I've got to get into the swing of my new schedule before I put too many things on my plate.  Plus, for my nonfiction book, I also hired a PR company.  This was the first time I've done that, and I'm anxious to see how it goes.  If nothing else, it will be a great learning experience.

Speaking of self-promotion, I recently got my baubles for Death to the Undead.  It's not out yet, but the store I use was having a great sale, so I got key chains, a coffee mug, notebooks, and postcards.  I was pleasantly surprised with how the notebooks turned out.  Personally, I think they look really cool.  I will be giving away all these items as soon as the book is available.

Like most people, I really enjoy talking about myself and my work.  Hence, I go out of my way to find places that allow me to do that.  If you can't be the greatest champion for your own work, who will?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)