This Week in Writing

I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I wanted to.  I've been trying to get my schedule situated with the new job.  It didn't help that I slept like crap on Monday night and am still trying to recover, but I'll get back into the swing of things.  Soon, I hope.

I've done a little editing this week, and I started a new story last weekend.  It was gnawing at my brain, so I had to get it down.  It's probably going to be a novelette by the time it's done.  I only wrote a few pages, but it's a start.  I've been thinking about it a lot, that counts, right?  I'm hoping to have a little time this weekend to work on it.


Monday night, I went to the movies with my mom, my boys, and my niece and nephew.  We saw Brave (don't worry, I'll review it on Monday).  The bad guy in the movie was pretty creepy, and he scared the 5 year old.  When he first shows up at the beginning of the film, I looked over, and the 5 year old had his knees pulled up to his chest and his hands over his eyes.  I told him he could sit with me, but he didn't want to.

As the movie went on, he forgot about the bad guy.  Then, when the film climaxed and the bad guy showed up again, he crawled onto Grandma's lap for safety.  The fight scene was pretty intense, and I was comforting my niece, who had leaned into my arm.  I'm not ruining anything by telling you this because it's a Disney film (pretty formulaic), but after the bad guy was defeated, the theater got very quiet. 

From that silence came the loudly whispered voice of the 5 year old.  "See," he said.  "I told you the good guys always win."

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)