This Week in Writing

Or more aptly titled, This Week in Indexing. Seriously, how many different variations of "sex" can I put in the book? And I don't mean descriptions of it, I mean the WORD. "Teens" is used an indecent amount of times, too. However, you can't talk about slasher films without talking about "teens" and "sex." They just go together.

I'm at a standstill right now with my indexing. I've gotten as far as I can, now I'm waiting to ask my helper some questions and get her list from her half of the book. Then, more hours of formatting and page finding. I can barely contain my excitement.

While I'm waiting, I've been editing a story that needs to be done. Not mine, one for the publisher I work for. It's been a nice change of pace. It will be nice to get that off my plate.


Earlier this week, the boys decided to have their chocolate Easter bunnies for desert. They were the small ones, but still pretty good sized for small children, so I told them they could eat the ears and head, which was about half. The 5 year old inhaled his, but the 3 year old took his time. Which is pretty odd considering the 3 year old is usually the sugar baby.

The 3 year old sat with me in the recliner and was studying every facet of the bunny. He pulled off its eye and asked me questions about it. Then it would hop on the arm of the chair and across his lap. Eventually, I had to get up and load the dishwasher.

As I was in the kitchen, the 3 year old let out this ear piercing screech (not to worry, it's a normal sound for him), and I peeked out. The dog was going after his bunny, of course, and the 3 year old was mad about it. I'd had enough. He had played with it for long enough.

So, from the kitchen, I say sternly, "You better eat that d*mn chocolate bunny or I'm gonna take it away."

"You eat the d*mn chocolate bunny," my child replies. "I wanna play with it."

He eventually ate part of it and handed me the rest, which I put into a bag so he can play with later. His face was streaked in chocolate, especially around his eye. Don't ask me how it got there, I don't know, but I'm guessing it had to do with him closely examining the bunny.

Hope you have a d*mn good weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)