Meet an Author Tuesday

For my first guest, I would like to introduce Lisa Lane. Lisa Lane shares her humble home with a philosopher, two cats, a feisty gecko, and a geriatric turtle. She writes erotic sci-fi romance and erotic horror, but also has a clear passion for speculative fiction and postmodern literary elements.

Her vampire trilogy THE DARKNESS AND THE NIGHT pushes the conventional boundaries between romance and horror. The trilogy has received enthusiastic reviews from respected authorities on erotica and horror, such as Penthouse Forum and Bitten by Books. Her space operas, LUST IN SPACE and PANDORA'S HOPE, push time, space, and love to their furthest limits and have won numerous reviewer and readers' choice awards. She also writes speculative science fiction, particularly dystopia and satire, under the name Leigh M. Lane.

Author links:

Website

Amazon

Facebook



Q) What inspired you to write this story?
A) “Insatiable” is a short sequel to my erotic horror trilogy The Darkness and the Night. While the series is inspired by a novel I co-wrote with my twin sister, based on recurring dreams we incidentally shared, this particular story was based on a hypnogogic nightmare I had in which ghouls emerged from the walls and came at me from all directions. I knew I needed to write a story around that terrifying moment. When the very talented Inara LaVey and Kilt Kilpatrick asked me to contribute to their Angels and Demons anthology, I jumped on it.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
A) Like most of my short stories, I wrote it in one shot then took a few days to redraft.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
A) I love the escape. It’s like watching a movie or reading a good book. I love finishing a story, especially a novel, and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it. I love sharing what I’ve written with others, especially when I know I’ve written something particularly unique or provocative.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
A) Redrafting. It’s a necessary component to writing, but I generally detest doing it.

Q) If you could be any famous person, who would you be and why?
A) This is probably going to sound insane, but I cannot think of anyone else I’d rather be. All lives have their good and their bad, and most famous people seem to experience extremes in both. I’ll take my quiet, humble life over any celebrity’s.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge?
A) A1 steak sauce.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
A) I have more erotica in the wings, some scary, some kinky, and some even humorous. I also have a non-erotic horror I’m currently shopping based on Edgar Allan Poe’s mysterious death. I have a few other serious sci-fi stories screaming at me for their attention right now, and it’s anyone’s guess as to which of them will win out.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)