Movie Review Monday

The Company Men (2010)

I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to this movie, I was attempting to write, but the parts I did watch were really good.

The movie is about people who work in a giant corporation during the economic crisis. They get fired because the company is "downsizing," and it's the story of how they cope with that loss.

It was better than I expected it to be. The hardships and emotion were really gripping. I couldn't imagine being in some of those peoples shoes. Luckily, I never lost my job, though I was affected by the economy (who wasn't?).

The film wasn't overly long, so if you have an hour and forty-five minutes, check it out.

Friends With Benefits (2011)

Meh. It was pretty much what I expected it to be. I was hoping for a bit more humor, but it wasn't there.

The film wasn't a complete waste of time. Justin Timberlake is adorable, and I like Mila Kunis. It was the perfect mindless movie to round out the weekend. It wasn't overly long, either.

I recommend both movies if you have some extra time on your hands. And if you have something else to do while they're playing, you probably won't miss much!

Has anyone else seen either of these films? What did you think?
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)