This Week In Writing

I didn't do any writing this week. I was taking a short break after finishing my nonfiction article. Plus, I had strep again, so I didn't have motivation/energy to do anything. My readers were kind enough to get edits on the article back to me yesterday, so I plan on working on rewriting it this weekend.

I received a contract for my novelette this morning. It's called "The Weeping Bride" and it's the Paranormal Romance I was telling you about a while ago. It is tentatively scheduled for release in September. As always, I will keep you informed!


The 4 year old started swim lessons this week. He's had them before, but it was a year ago. When he first started, he really enjoyed the water and showed no fear. Sometime between then and now, something scared him and he doesn't feel comfortable in the water. You could tell on Tuesday he was really nervous about being in the pool. He didn't want to dunk his head under, and he was hesitant about listening to the teacher.

When he got out of the water, I asked if he had fun. Shaking uncontrollably, he shook his head no. I didn't feel very well, so I told him if he didn't like it, then he wouldn't go back. He said he wanted to, so I told him we would work on his bubbles (blowing air out of his nose so water doesn't get up it).

We practiced later that night and the next day. By Thursday, he was ready for lessons again. There was a huge difference in his comfort level. He would duck his head under, and he looked like he was having fun. There were a few things that made him nervous, but he still tried them, assuming the teacher was right there holding onto him. I asked him if he had fun, and shaking uncontrollably, he said "Yes!"

I couldn't help but feel proud of him. He could've given up. He could've said it was too hard and scary and he didn't want to do it. But he didn't. He trusted me enough to teach him how to blow bubbles, then used it to get back in the water. Even though he was still scared, he knew he'd be all right.

It was really inspiring. It made me look at some of the things in my life that scare me, perhaps hold me back a little, and re-evaluate. I have a support system around me, so if I fall, they'll be there to help me back up. I have people to teach me how to blow bubbles, so I should trust them and learn from them. I'm going to do some soul searching this weekend. If you have a moment, you should do the same, and have a fabulous weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)