Slipped My Mind

A while ago, I mentioned that I was going to do a writing workshop. I told you that details would be coming later, so here they are. It's called Launch Pad, and it's a week long class where authors learn how to incorporate astronomy into their science fiction.

I never even heard about this workshop until I went to the local sci fi convention. Basically, their goal is to take prominent sci fi authors and teach them real astronomy and how to incorporate that into their fiction. Their hope is that by doing this, it will stop perpetuating myths and give the audience some factual information. They try to get authors who are well known in their field, as they have a larger audience and greater influence. The workshop is actually funded by NASA, and they pay for the authors to come here. I get to go because I don't cost any money and I can shuttle them around town!

I'm very excited about this whole experience because I'm going to meet a lot of cool people and learn some fabulous stuff. Networking is the lifeblood of the industry, and this is the perfect opportunity. I'm also really looking forward to it because science fiction is my first passion. My first book was sci fi, and I love watching and reading it. But I feel like I don't have any good ideas for a story, which is why I haven't written anything lately, so I'm hoping this will kick start my brain.

Squeeee! I'm so ready for July!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)