My family had a bad day yesterday, so I didn't do any work last night. I was both emotionally and physically drained, so I sat in front of the TV. I really needed a good laugh, so I caught up on my Destination Truth and Tosh.O. Wonderful! Just what I needed.

Nate Bransford had an interesting post yesterday. He was asking if any of his readers had ever experienced writer's burnout, and he was wondering how they got over it. The first thing I thought was, "Oh, yeah. Who hasn't?" I think I experience burnout every month. I procrastinate doing my articles, then when I can't procrastinate any longer, I find something to write about, dreading every moment. I get over the burnout by just writing. The articles have to be finished (especially if I want that check in the mail!), and most of the time, they're not that bad once I get writing.

Same with fiction. After a particularly bad rejection on my YA novel, I thought for sure I was just going to throw in the towel, quit writing all together, but then I got the email that asked me to write a zombie short. Fate plays a major role. Thankfully it does, or I might never write again!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)